{ by david linsin }

September 09, 2007

Weekly Update: Half Marathon

Next Sunday is day 0 again and I'm not in a good shape. I mean I prepared myself fairly good, I trained hard, but unfortunately right now I'm having a cold. It's not sever, but it'll be a major drawback next Sunday, especially when it's cold.

I know what I'm talking about, cause on Thursday was the 10k run of the local energy and water supply company. It's called "24. Volkslauf der Stadtwerke Karlsruhe". I was participating, but my cold was killing me after 2k. I was not able to breath in through my nose anymore, as I'm usually doing so I bet I sounded like a horse breathing in and out through my mouth. Overall the run was a little chaotic, at least for a first timer. There were no km marks the first 5k, which made me spend all my energy in first couple of km. After about 6k I was so done. As usually, I'm also going to rant about the weather: it was cold, rainy and windy! I promise that's all I'm gonna say here.

To be honest, I don't know how I made that 20k in 1 hour and 45 minutes the other week, cause the 10k were really exhausting and even next day I still felt the impact, especially on my knees. Before the race I had set my target to 50 minutes and I was very happy that I made it in 45:09 with an average heart rate of 188 (96%).

So this week I'm gonna do more running, I guess 3 short runs until Sunday. I hope my cold will disappear, so that I can keep my targeted time. Next Sunday I'll know, cross your fingers for me!

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...