{ by david linsin }

December 20, 2007

Running Review

A little more than a year ago I started blogging about running, in this post I'd like to review the past year and outline my goals for 2008.

One of the highlights was taking part in the Badische Meile, which is a local run here in Karlsruhe with a distance of 8.88km. It was my first run ever and it was a great feeling to participate. I invested a lot of time in practising for it, so the results were reasonable!

The biggest thing for me in 2007, in terms of running, was running the LBS Halbmarathon on 16th of September. My preperation included running 400km and getting to know the difference that 5km can make.

What are my goals for 2008? Well, I'm planning to slowly increase my distance to run a marathon next year. It's not gonna be easy! Haile Gebrselassie once said: "It's the king of the distance!". My first step will be to get used to 20km, after that I'll jump to 30km and then we'll see :-). I'm definitely going to take part in the Badische Meile again, although just for fun, I won't practise for it. I'll run the LBS Halbmarathon in September and I hope after that I'll be ready to run the Berlin Marathon 2008.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...