{ by david linsin }

June 12, 2007

Yahoo pipes for integration

On my quest for integrating Twitter and Plazes with my blog, I'm using Yahoo pipes now. Yahoo describes pipes as follows:

Pipes is an interactive data aggregator and manipulator that lets you mashup your favorite online data sources.

I'm using pipes to manipulate the Plazes rss feed, which contains my location and my status, to create the little sentence you can see in my presence box. Therefore I leverage JSON to access the pipe data. It works very well and I don't have any delays, unlike using Google's AJAX Feed API. Another advantages is that I didn't have to code JavaScript. The pipe's editor was fairly easy to use and I had my pipe up and running in less than an hour.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...