{ by david linsin }

March 17, 2007

midday run

Unlike ordinary Saturdays I didn't go for a 16 km run today. As I previously mentioned, I'm starting a new training which consists of a couple of short runs throughout the week. I'm gonna mix relaxed and competition-like runs, to get used to the 8.8 km distance. I'm planing on running three times a week, probably on Monday, Friday and Saturday.

Actually I wanted to go for a run yesterday, unfortunately I could. So my new training started today with a relaxed 8.7 km run. I was trying to keep my heart rate below 170 until the last two km or so. I finished with a timing of 43:35 minutes and an average heart rate of 165.

On thing I learned from this run is that my legs and feet are really stiff the first couple of km. They are hurting and feeling quite heavy. It only gets better towards the end of the run, after about 6 or 7 km. I never do a warm up run before jogging, the only thing I do is stretching, maybe I should change that.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...