{ by david linsin }

February 05, 2007

Raising the bar

Today I set a new personal record! I finished the 8.1 km course, which I'm running every Monday, in 36:46 minutes. That's about half a minute faster than my old personal record. My average heart rate was 181, which isn't that fabulous though. I'm hoping reduce my average heart rate and stabilize my timing between 37:00 and 37:30 over the next weeks.

Although the result is quite good, it was very hard to get there. I started off too fast and had trouble keeping a steady pace towards the end. I also had trouble breathing, I guess that's the reason my avg. heart rate was so high. Next week I'll go for an easy run, since I don't want to push it too hard, though I'm fully motivated right now and it's very tough for me not to give 150%.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...