{ by david linsin }

January 07, 2007

Climbing mountains

Yesterday I ran the course at my parents' place, which is about 14.2 km. Fortunately it was about 10° C outside, which was quite comfortable, compared to the last time. It took me about 1 hour and 18 minutes and my average heart rate was 175.

I noticed that I can keep my heart rate around 170-180 for about 30 minutes, after that it goes up to 180-187. No matter what I did - running slower, changed my running style or adapted my breathing - I couldn't push it below 180.

The course is quite good to determine your maximum heart rate, cause towards the end there is a steep road leading up to a hill. To me it feels more like climbing a mountain. During running that part my max heart rate was 189 and I was really pushing it. So I guess I'll take 189 as my max heart rate for now.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...