{ by david linsin }

November 04, 2006

Getting by 15

About one and a half years ago I started doing sports again, after 4 years of doing no workout whatsoever. I began with swimming, which somehow wasn't very satisfying. So about a year ago I decided to give running a try.

At first it was very tough, even running for 20 minutes at a normal pace seemed like an unreachable goal. It brought back memories from my time at the army... Well every since, I kept on going and going, steadily increased pace and distance of running. Surprisingly I got better - and best of all it's fun! If someone had told me a year ago, that running is fun I would have said "Yeah, right!"- with rolling my eyes.

So today I reached my personal new record: 15 km in one hour and 20 minutes. I'm fairly proud of it when I look back and think of starting with a distance of 4km in about 50 minutes. My goal is to participate at a local run (8.888 km) in May next year and a half marathon (22 km) in October. We'll see how that's going...

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...