{ by david linsin }

August 19, 2007

Weekly Update: Half Marathon

"... Get through this and you are ready ..."
That's what my running software polarpersonaltrainer.com says, and I hope it's right.

Like last week, I ran 18.7k yesterday and I made it in exactly the same time, 1 hour and 52 minutes. I even decreased my average heart rate a little to 143. If you look at the graph below, you can see that my pace was almost steady. The coolest thing was that, although my legs were tired and I could feel the kilometers in my knees, I felt like going on and on.



Due to time issues I can only run twice next week. I'll do a relaxing jog on Monday and a pretty challenging interval training on Wednesday. On Saturday in one week I'm going to attack the 20k. I guess, well actually I hope, I'll be able to scale up the 6 minutes/km to the 20 kilometer level. Only after that I know that I'm ready.

It's a great feeling to be able to run this distance and I'm glad that I stuck to the workout plan, although it was tough sometimes. I'm confident that I can get passed the 21k in less than two hours, but making it in 1 hour and 50 minutes is another thing.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...