{ by david linsin }

August 12, 2007

Weekly Update: Half Marathon

One month until the LBS Halbmarathon that I'm participating in and I'm really looking forward. So far I did 24 runs to prepare myself and I still have a lot more to come.

I really want to run the 21 km in 1 hour and 50 minutes. I know that's a very ambitious goal, so I'm also satisfied if I can make it in less than 2 hours.

My problem is that in the next 4 weeks there's a lot of stuff coming up. I won't be able to keep my steady workout plan, which is not fabulous, but I'm gonna deal with it somehow.

This week I tackled the 18 km and I was quite surprised, that I almost had no problems running it. My average heart rate was 144 and it only took me 1 hour and 52 minutes. Towards the end of the run, my legs got heavy and I could feel the impact of the past kilometers on my knee joints. Today, the day after, I almost feel nothing. My thighs are a little sore, but other than that I don't have any problems.

There is a formula to calculate your estimated result for 21 km by multiplying your time for 10 km with 2.333. Using that formula, I haven't reached my goal yet. My best 10k according to my ipod was 55:44 minutes, so that would be about 130 minutes for 21 km.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...