{ by david linsin }

November 10, 2006

Running on Vacation


At the moment I'm staying at my parent's place and therefore I needed a suitable running course around that area. My dad suggested a nice way, but I only had a rough idea of the distance. Since I neither wanted to run to far nor too short I looked for a tool which enables distance measuring using Google Maps. So I found this cool little tool called GMap pedometer.

GMap pedometer is a Google Maps mash up which lets your mark spots on a map and it'll calculate the distance between those spots. This way you can virtually fly along your course and measure the distance that you run. It even incorporates elevation and calculates burned calories.

So I virtually created my course, which I ran today. You can check it out here. It took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes to run 14.2 km, which is okay considering the variety in elevation.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...