{ by david linsin }

June 29, 2009

Wrapping-up Jazoon09

I was attending Jazoon09 in Zurich, Switzerland last week. As with springOne 2009, I wasn't really satisfied with this content of the conference.

The problem was, that there were only a few really good speakers and thus only a couple of great talks. The keynotes were average, only Adrian Colyer's presentation on the last day was standing out. Even James Gosling's presentation or Danny Cowards talk were both not that exciting.

However, instead of telling you what sucked, I rather want to highlight, that the organization of the conference was great! The food was really good! There was an vegetarian alternative every day and the coffee was delicious. Jazoon took place in a movie theater, just like Devoxx, thus it was easy to get there by train and the seats were nice and comfy. Kudos to the organizers.

There were a couple of great talks I want to highlight: Neal Ford's "Smithying in the 21st Century" as well as Ed Burns' "Secrets of the Rockstar Programmers" were really awesome and I can only commend listening to them, in case they come up on the schedule of another conference.

I'm not too sure if I'll come back to Jazoon next year, although I think it could be a really cool conference and a great alternative to Devoxx, which takes place in Antwerp.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...