{ by david linsin }

March 10, 2007

The next level

Today running was really weird, but in a good way! I started off very slow, meaning that I ran about 30 minutes with an average heart rate below 170. The weird thing is, that I didn't intend to run that slow, I just couldn't get my heart rate anywhere above 170, running my normal pace. After about 30 minutes and increasing my speed, I started to hit 170 and I kept it steady for almost another 30 minutes. Towards the end I pushed it really hard and hit 180, but only for a couple of kilometers.

Due to the higher pace I managed to run 16.3 km in 1 hour and 18 minutes with a sensational average heart rate of 169.

I feel quite confident, that the run today was an indication that I could move to the next level and maybe try 18 km or even more. At the moment I don't feel like pushing it too hard, I'll just stick with this distance for the next couple of runs.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...