{ by david linsin }

July 14, 2007

Eye Candy with jQuery

I wanted to check out the jQuery library, cause I think it's design is really neat! It offers a wide array of capabilities like manipulating your DOM, handling events or adding cool effects to the components of your site.

I decided to added some eye candy to my presence box leveraging the jQuery library and with the following lines of code I made the "loading presence..." text slide up and the presence text slide down:


$(function() {
$("div#presence").slideUp("slow", function() {
$(this).empty();$("div#presence").
append(obj.value.items[0].title).slideDown("slow");
}
}


I think the design of the library, using closures extensively is pretty cool. You can use it to add some ajax functionality to your application in an easy and concise way.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...