{ by david linsin }

March 25, 2007

GAFYD Migration continued

Today I finished migrating to GAFYD by setting up new accounts for almost any available Google product. A couple of products made migration really easy. For Google Notebook for instance lets you simply add collaborates which you can share your notes with. So all I had to do is add myself as an collaborator and migration was done.

For other products migration is a little trickier. Picasa Web Albums for example is really ugly to migrate from. Actually there is no other option than uploading all pictures again or making a clean cut and starting a new account. I decided to use the latter and started a new account. My old pictures reside at http://picasaweb.google.com/dlinsin while my new picture appear at http://picasaweb.google.com/david.linsin.

Overall I'd say it is very messy to migrate and I'd think twice before I did it again.

0 comments:


com_channels

  • mail(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • jabber(dlinsin@gmail.com)
  • skype(dlinsin)

recent_postings

loading...